We are seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician who preferably has rehab experience or who wants to explore the highly rewarding world of animal rehabilitation. If not already certified in rehab, select RVTs at Two Hands Four Paws have the opportunity to enroll in the CCRP certification program through the University of Tennessee, free of charge. At Two Hands Four Paws, RVTs provide top notch care as part of a compassionate team that cultivates special relationships not just with the patients but with their families every day.
- Have a passion for helping animals
- Exceptional patient care, customer service, and multitasking skills
- Enjoy interacting with a wide variety of clients and their pets
- Be registered and licensed in the state of California
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work on Saturdays
- Team player with a desire for personal growth and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Observational skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Possess a professional, friendly and courteous demeanor in every situation
- Elevated level of customer service
- Friendly, outgoing, and people oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Ability to lift at least 45 pounds
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Assist DVM with creation and implementation of customized treatment plans including but not limited to: Massage Therapy, Laser Therapy, Hydrotherapy, and therapeutic exercises
- Provide post-op rehab to in-patients recovering from orthopedic and neurological surgeries
- Provide care for geriatric patients with multifocal arthritis and generalized weakness
- Client education including instruction in home exercise program
- Detailed and accurate record keeping on every patient
- Assessment of pain, gait deviations, lameness
- Weekend flexibility
- Competitive benefits package
- Full Time
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
Two Hands Four Paws is an award-winning family owned company that has been working with special needs animals and their families since 1998. If helping animals is your passion, Two Hands Four Paws is the place for you. As the premier animal physical rehabilitation center in Southern California, Two Hands Four Paws has been featured on The Dodo and was a recipient of the Best of LA award. Two Hands Four Paws is a great place to gain unique hands-on experience in the physical therapy side of veterinary medicine.
Facilities include: a 15,000 gallon 85 degree pool, 3 water treadmills, 2 land treadmills, 5 private treatment rooms, and an enclosed patio. Two Hands Four Paws offers massage, acupuncture, hydrotherapy, ultrasound therapy, cold laser therapy, boarding, brace castings, cart fittings, harness fittings, and more. With a 501(c)(3) foundation Two Hands Four Paws also helps rescue and rehabilitate animals in need.