Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, he or she will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most cats will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a cat may show will be very subtle. Therefore, any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. This may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any obvious changes in behavior please call our office.
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Two Hands Four Paws we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Accupuncture: Our practice utilizes both Eastern and Western medicine through the consideration and inclusion of acupuncture in some cases
- Bathing and hygiene: Proper feline hygiene is an important component of a healthy happy lifestyle
- Boarding (for special needs): If you are going on a trip and want to make sure that your cat is well taken care of, our staff can ensure high-quality, affordable care
- Brace casting: A lightweight, custom-fitted brace fitted directly to your pet can help with your pet’s mobility and quality of life when corrective or reparative surgery is not an immediate option.
- E Stimulation: We offer Electrical stimulation (E-stim) for conditions such as post-surgical weakness and pain, poor motor control, spasms, spinal pain, limited mobility, and inflammation
- Homeopathic and nutraceutical: Alternative therapies such as homeopathy may also play an important role in the treatment of some conditions
- Hydrotherapy: Swim therapy is ideal for pets recovering from injury or surgery, older pets with arthritis or mobility issues, paralyzed pets, pets with any form of dysplasia — basically, any pet in pain whether physical or emotional
- Laser therapy: Our cold laser therapy is a tool used to treat cats for postoperative pain, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions, and it is painless and well tolerated by all cats
- Massage therapy: Our trained professionals use massage therapy as part of injury rehabilitation, senior care, or sporting care
- Medications: When your cat requires medication, our doctors will provide the right prescription
- Nutrition: We will address the specialized nutritional requirements for you cat in different life stages and to aid in the management of certain illnesses
- Pain management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability, or condition
- Senior Care: We understand the special needs of aging cats, and we will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your aging feline
- Wheelchair Fitting: We can provide a wheelchair fitting for your cat that will give them the ability to run, play and get the exercise they need